Radishes are great low-calorie snack. If you do not know what to do with those radishes, you should try making this refreshing salad! Juicy, sweet and tangy oranges go well together with crisp and peppery radishes. It’s an interesting combination, but it works!
Recipe adapted from cooking.nytimes.com
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 navel oranges
Salt to taste
1 T. fresh mint, chopped
10 oz. radishes
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. agave nectar (honey)
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
2 T. oil
How to Make:
- Remove orange peels: Cut off both ends of oranges to make them flat. Cut oranges, crosswise, into rounds. Place in a bowl and add salt, mint and toss.
- Slice radishes thinly. Place in separate bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Whisk together lemon juice, agave, cinnamon, cayenne and oil. Add to bowls with oranges and radishes separately and toss.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer oranges to bowl with radish.
- Just before serving drizzle salad with remaining juice from oranges. Top with more mint. Enjoy!
7.3 g fat
1.8 g protein