We have a new name for our CSA program…
St. Joe’s Farm Share!!
If you are having difficulty accessing fresh fruits and vegetables,
stay tuned to learn how to sign up for a subsidized membership in 2019.
Do you need help eating healthier?
Join the Farm at St Joe’s Subsidized Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program (Fall 2018)
What: Join our program and get a FREE bag of organic vegetables grown by local farmers every week through December 12, 2018.
What is a CSA? Like a veggie subscription service, members of a CSA get produce straight from their local farmers for a pre-determined amount of time.
When: Now – December 12, 2018
How: Pick up your bag from The Farm at St. Joe’s (5557 McAuley Dr, right on the hospital campus!) weekly. Map
How much: This program is grant funded through the Michigan Health Endowment Fund and free to qualifying families.
- You need help affording more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Examples:
- You have had to choose between buying produce and other necessities within the last month.
- You already participate in food assistance programs such as SNAP or WIC
- You have 1+ children in the household or you are pregnant
- You can commit to picking up your CSA share at The Farm each week from September 26 to December 12, 2018.
- You can commit to attending an orientation at The Farm [to be scheduled upon acceptance to program] and filling out a pre and post participation survey.
Interested in the program, but don’t qualify? Check out our member-pay CSA. Learn more here
Please fill out this Google Form. You will be notified if you have been added to the wait list via email or phone.
- People love it! Previous members reported:
- Eating more fruits and veggies
- Trying new fruits and veggies
- Feeling healthier
- Losing weight
- Having fun trying new foods with their children
- Support local farmers!
What Will I Get?
There will be different vegetables and some fruit throughout the season. Examples:
September: apples, beets, garlic
October: winter squash, onions, radishes
November: sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, cabbage
December: spinach, carrots, kale
How will I get it?
Pick up happens at The Farm at St. Joe’s each week.
Option A: Traditional Pick-up Wednesdays 3:30-6pm
Come meet your farmers, try samples, learn new cooking skills and more!
Option B: Self-serve pick-up
Come any time each week between Wednesdays at 12:30pm and Mondays at 5pm and pick up your bag from the walk-in cooler.