(previously known as the CSA program)
Sign up now for Summer and Fall 2019 Farm Share program!!
Each season is 12 weeks and costs $276(full share) or $156 (half share)
Summer: July 3-Sept 18 Get the best of the hot weather crops: blueberries, peaches, tomatoes ,eggplant, zucchini, corn, and melons!
Fall: Sept 25-Dec 11 Stock your pantry with potatoes, squash, apples, beets, and carrots; while enjoying tender spinach, kale, and other leafy greens.
Medical Residents, you can use your stipend dollars to pay for the program! Use the registration links below:
New to the idea of Farm Shares or CSAs? Learn more about our program below
What is a Farm Share or CSA Program?
Like a veggie subscription service, members of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Program get produce straight from their local farmers for a pre-determined amount of time.
What is a collaborative Farm Share?
Our program works with 10 local farmers to aggregate a wide variety of responsibly grown, local fruits and vegetables. Working together allows us to:
- Increase variety
- Increase our available number of shares
- Support local, sustainable agriculture
- Our program will generate ~$100,000 in revenue this year that will go back to the farmers.
What will I get if I sign up?
You will pick up a bag of fruits and vegetables from The Farm at St. Joes. The exact contents will change week-to-week and season-to-season. Spring will feature a lot of greens (arugula, spinach, kale, etc). Summer will include things like tomatoes, peaches, carrots, eggplant, and peppers. Fall will have both greens as well as many of the storage crops such as potatoes, squash, and beets.
We offer whole and half shares
Whole shares: you pick up every week. This is designed for 2-3 adults or a family of 4.
Half shares: you pick up every other week. This is designed for 1-2 adults or people who are new to the program.
How will I get my veggies?
There are two pick up options: Here’s a tutorial video!
- Self-serve: Anytime between Wednesdays at 2pm-Sundays at 8pm. You can come anytime between Wednesdays at 2pm to Sundays at 8pm to pick up your share. That means you can come at night, early in the morning, and on the weekends. Shares will be pre-packed and stored in walk-in cooler at the Farm. Remember your produce will be fresher the sooner you pick it up.
- In-person: Wednesdays from 3:30-6 pm Come pick out your veggies and talk to the Farm staff and other CSA members! We will have demos, samples, and other fun activities. Plus, this is a chance for you to bring your own bag to reduce waste!
How will I know what I’m going to get?
You will receive an email every week letting you know what will be in the share. This will include recipes, nutrition information and more! If you want to see the other emails, they get posted below.
I have to share my personal story to the group. I have lost 20lbs since I started to receive these wonderful vegetables each week. I grew up in a catering business and love to cook. I have been so overjoyed by the fresh vegetables we receive each week. Thank you for the wonderful health benefits I have received and the variety of fresh vegetables my family and friends are enjoying.
~St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor staff.”
Newsletters–we send out a weekly newsletter to our members. We try to archive them here.