** UPDATE **
There are spots open and we are always recruiting for our waiting list. Please learn more and apply below.
Do you need help eating healthier?
Join the Farm at St Joe’s Subsidized Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program (Summer 2018)
What: Join our program and get a FREE bag of organic vegetables grown by local farmers every week for 14 weeks. Plus, other free items like cookbooks, knives, and cutting boards!
What is a CSA? Like a veggie subscription service, members of a CSA get produce straight from their local farmers for a pre-determined amount of time.
When: June 20, 2018 – September 19, 2018
How: Pick up your bag from The Farm at St. Joe’s (5557 McAuley Dr, right on the hospital campus!) weekly. Map
How much: This program is grant funded through the Michigan Health Endowment Fund and free to qualifying families.
- You need help affording more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Examples:
- You have had to choose between buying produce and other necessities within the last month.
- You already participate in food assistance programs such as SNAP or WIC
- You have 1+ children in the household or you are pregnant
- You can commit to picking up your CSA share at The Farm each week from June 20-Sept 19.
- You can commit to attending an orientation at The Farm [June 13 4:30-6:30pm or June 16 12-2pm] and filling out a pre and post participation survey.
Interested in the program, but don’t qualify? Check out our member-pay CSA. Learn more here
Orientation: Come meet the Farmers and get your free cookbook, cutting board, and knife set.
Please fill out this Google Form. You will be notified if you qualify and have been accepted to the program via email or phone.
*Please note that space is limited and there maybe a waiting list.
- People love it! Previous members reported:
- Eating more fruits and veggies
- Trying new fruits and veggies
- Feeling healthier
- Losing weight
- Having fun trying new foods with their children
- Support local farmers!
What Will I Get?
There will be different vegetables and some fruit throughout the season. Examples:
June:lettuce, kale, collards
July: tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, cilantro
August: eggplant, tomatoes, melons, onions
September: carrots, beets, garlic
How will I get it?
Pick up happens at The Farm at St. Joe’s each week.
Option A: Traditional Pick-up Wednesdays 3:30-6pm
Come meet your farmers, try samples, learn new cooking skills and more!
Option B: Self-serve pick-up
Come any time each week between Wednesdays at 12:30pm and Mondays at 5pm and pick up your bag from the walk-in cooler.